For photographers and videographers who seek outstanding imaging performance to express both still and moving visual stories, the new Leica SL2-S is the ideal choice to capture brilliant photographs and cinematic videos through an intuitive camera that is built to last.
With its new 24MP CMOS-BSI sensor and separate modes/menus for photo and video, the new Leica SL2-S offers the best of both mediums
in one all-metal, state-of-the-art body.
- All new 24 MP CMOS-BSI full-frame sensor, the first backside- illuminated sensor from Leica, is designed to deliver the legendary Leica look for photo and video
- Professional video capabilities with 4K 10bit 4:2:2 and C4k 10bit 4:2:2
- Made in Germany: High quality milled aluminum top cover and bottom, complete with IP54-rated weather sealing protection.
- The fast all-around camera with Capture One 21 Full Support and Adobe Lightroom Optimization
- Seamless support of a wide range of lenses from the L-Mount Alliance, the Leica M-System and Leitz Cine lenses.
- Fast shooting speed up to 25 fps for DNG and a 4GB buffer
- Multishot Mode with up to 96MP
An ideal camera for the photographer who wants to shoot in the most demanding situations. With fast, endless shooting thanks to the latest Maestro III processor, outstanding low-light performance up to 100,000 ISO, and full support with Capture One 21 tethered shooting, the Leica SL2-S is suited for all applications – from the field to the photo studio to the film production set.
In addition to the extraordinary performance in shooting photos at high speed of up to 25 fps in DNG, the SL2-S can perform exceptionally demanding video production tasks. Recording 4K at 10bit 4:2:2 and C4k at 10bit 4:2:2 video, combined with Leica L-Log and integrated viewing LUTs (Look Up Tables) make the compact Leica SL2-S a great alternative to more cumbersome cinema cameras.
The intuitively organized photo and video menu systems avoid constant time-consuming readjustments in sub-menus - meaning that the camera is correctly configured and ready to always shoot, even when quickly switching between photo and video modes.
Separate photo and video modes make the Leica SL2-S the most intuitive tool for professional high-end production.